Tuesday 3 January 2017

Evaluation - Question 4

Who would be the target audience for your media product?

The target audience for my magazine has mainly stayed the same during the process of making my music magazine and this means that the ideas that I came up with during the pre – production are mainly the same.
One of the main reasons my target audience was teenagers, and slightly older, was because that was the age of the people who took my questionnaire about their preferences in the magazine. If I had taken the results that I had collected and then used them for a different target audience it would mean that I am not giving that target audience what they wanted, which would affect the quality of the magazine.
When I was constructing my magazine I made sure to keep in mind what my target audience said would appeal to them, while also slightly adapting it in order to make the magazine as fresh and original as it would need to be in order for my audience to read the magazine.
As the production of the magazine went on I found that the magazines target audience perhaps got younger due to the artists featured as well as partly the way it was simple and easy to read that I thought older people reading the magazine would prefer.
My target audience during the research showed me that rock was the most popular in the age range alongside pop, so while my magazine mainly focused on the rock genre I also tried to make my magazine seem open to people who like other genres to come and read it as well. This is another reason why I chose Time Inc. as my publishing company.

My original audience research analysis - http://jszklareka2media.blogspot.co.uk/2016/10/audience-research-analysis.html
My original readership profile - http://jszklareka2media.blogspot.co.uk/2016/11/readership-profile.html


No comments:

Post a Comment