Monday 2 January 2017

Evaluation - Question 1

In what ways does your media product use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products?

My music magazine was intended to use and incorporate current as well as previous conventions in order for the magazine to be recognisable as the genre that I chose.

Conventions from real media products:
Kerrang's use of an interesting masthead design was an inspiration for me as I attempted to create a similar design that was still unique for the magazine.

Billboard may not be in the rock genre but I liked the simplicity of the magazine and so did my target audience during the pre - production stage of the development of my music magazine therefore I created the magazine with that in mind.



Kerrang's artists are usually wearing casual clothes in order to get the audience to better attach themselves with the featured artists, and as my feature artist was an up and coming star he would need that attachment with his audience, therefore meaning that he would also be wearing a more casual outfit.

Conventions that I challenged:
The main convention that I challenged is that rock magazines have to have a lot of content packed closely together like this:

However as I preferred the Billboard approach to the style and simplicity I therefore tried to create a rock magazine that was simplistic and easy to read.

Another convention that I challenged was the artist and the age that the artist was. In most magazines the featured artist is an adult between usually over the age of 25 and this portrays a sense of maturity in their actions and what they say however my artists are between the ages of 18 and 25 so this is a convention that I am challenging.


No comments:

Post a Comment