Tuesday 3 January 2017

Evaluation - Question 3

What kind of media institution might distribute your media product and why?

Bauer Media:

Pros -

Based in Europe, the same as my magazine and its target audience based on my research.
Has 300 magazines which means that they know what they are doing when it comes to distributing my magazine.


Cons -

Kerrang magazine is a part of Bauer Media and this would cause problems due to my and Kerrang's target audience is very similar.
Mojo is another rock magazine that is a part of Bauer Media, however its target audience is a lot older so that would not be a problem.
The content in my magazine is similar to others that Bauer Media distributes therefore making it not unique and original.


Time Inc.:

Pros -

Is very popular with Americas with half of Americans reading a magazine from Time Inc each month.
Has not got as many rock magazines in its company which means that my magazine would feel unique in the company.

Cons -

Based in America which isn't ideal as my magazine is based in Britain and Europe.


For my magazine, Paradox, I would want to have Time Inc. as the publishing company for my music magazine.
Both of the companies have good things about them however I have chosen Time Inc. as my magazine is a rock magazine and the main issue with Bauer Media is that they have other magazines that are similar to mine, which would cause too many unnecessary rivalry and readership loss within the same company that would not be healthy for any of the magazines involved within Bauer.
Although Time Inc. is not based in Europe it would still have an influence over UK magazines and publishers which would mean that my magazine could be a success. Time Inc. do only publish magazines which means that my magazine could not become as successful as Kerrang for example as they both use TV and radio stations that are linked to the magazine making them very accessible for the reader.
My magazine would benefit from Time Inc. being American as it would open up a different market to distribute to and this attention from the American market would help improve my magazine and create a fan base that would rival Kerrang.










No comments:

Post a Comment